Monday, August 22, 2016

Zumbathon, Varsity Practices, and other Odds and Ends



Hi Team,

I keep forgetting to tell you that our Zumbathon, which was scheduled for this Saturday, is going to be rescheduled for later in the season.  Unfortunately, the woman who was going to do it with us has an injury.  I'll let you know the new date when I hear more about how she's doing.  The lunch at Noodles is going to be replaced by an after-practice breakfast at Mary's on Richmond Street on this Thursday, August 25th. The older girls will make sure that the younger girls get over to Mary's after practice.  Each girl will need to arrange their own ride home from Mary's.  This breakfast is an optional team activity.  If you plan on coming, please bring $10-12 to cover the cost of your meal.  We should be done around 11:15-11:30.

The varsity squad asked me to add a couple of two-a-day practices to the schedule before the school year starts.  I'm pretty sure this is the first time in the history of swimming that swimmers have asked for more practices--I love it!  We talked it over on Saturday morning, and we chose three additional practice times:

Tuesday, August 23rd, from 3:30-5:00 pm
Thursday, August 25th, from 3:30-5:00 pm
Tuesday,  August 30th, from 8:30-10:00 am

These additional practices are for varsity only--this will be one of the few times this season that I will close practice.  Because these dates were not on the original schedule I published at the end of May, they are not mandatory for Varsity athletes.  I know that everybody worked hard to schedule their work and life schedules around the original practice schedule.  Do not stress if you can't make these additional practices.

If you signed up to help with a team meal I will be emailing you this week with the contact information for the people in your group.  Thank you to everyone who signed up!

There are a couple of timer slots still open for Terror Relays.  I will update all the sign up lists this week.

I think that's it for now.

With AW-K pride,

Coach Vicki




No comments:

Post a Comment